venerdì 15 gennaio 2010

Oh, girls just wanna have fun

Today I feel so rock.
I'm in a sex-drugs-rock'n'roll mood, but with no drugs of course.
So Kate Hudson in Almost famous.
Grace Coddington also thought about rock and groupies when she styled the january rock editorial in Vogue US. I love this editorial, Sasha Pivovarova is so amazing surrounded by Rock Star, and the Givenchy blazer is worth to die.





When I think about Rock in fashion, the number one is of course Vivienne Westwood, but I recently discovered an english designer named JJ Noki, who designed a collection in 2008 and showed it on the Fashion East catwalk.
I think I'm in love. That's absolutely amazing, he uses recycles finds and the result is an underground-rock mood. The dirty and filthy feeling seem so appealing when I look at this collection!

And I love Paul Burgess too.He's an illustrator, designer and photographer, he worked with Sex Pistols (Oh!Gods!) and his creations are influenced by Rock and by his english roots.God save the queen!







Of course, I have to finish my Rock round-up with the Cindy Lauper Barbie. I've grown up among myriads of Barbie (I admit it, my love for the Barbie is endless, even if I'm 20 years old) and this one isn't in my collection!that's not ok,no no...

Source:mattel, www.mrpaulburgess.com, style.com

14 commenti:

  1. Io se penso allo stile rock penso a rihanna... la adoro nel video di Run this town. Forse le prime immagini che hai postato mi ricordano molto il rock anni '80! Quelle della sfilata invece le trovo proposte un po' importabili.

    RispondiElimina
  2. oh yes! i've seen the first editorial somewhere and i loooooove it <333

    RispondiElimina
  3. i've seen the first editorial and i was like.. omg i dieeeeeeee! i love it so much <3333

    RispondiElimina
  4. Love the editorial! Thanks for the comment on my blog :)
    xxx
    Giovanna
    www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  5. Thanks a lot! :)
    My little cousin is very cute, yes, I looove her and her eyes!
    Mmm, your blog is really interesting! I'll follow it.

    Huge kisses!

    RispondiElimina
  6. oh I love the 80s! Vivienne Westwood è mitichissima;)
    E mi piace un sacco Sasha in quella editoriale!

    Cmq rispetto al tuo ultimo commento nel mio blog... anche in Spagna è così, purtroppo, rispetto alla moda! Anche se poi è cosa tua se fregartene di ciò che dice la gente o meno! Per quello a me nn piace andare a fare shopping con altra gente... è sempre piena di pregiudizi!

    Besos cara
    :***

    RispondiElimina
  7. Love this post, darling!
    That editorials is so fabulous!

    xoxox,
    CC

    RispondiElimina
  8. Great photographs, I loooove the first editorial!

    RispondiElimina
  9. I love the photos you've used
    and I love the rock/punk fashion :) x

    RispondiElimina
  10. That Vogue editorial was the best I've seen in a while!

    RispondiElimina
  11. The editorial is incredible! Grace C is a genius! xxx

    RispondiElimina